XPCREATE - SP2 - nLite

thehalon

He there!

2 weeks ago i started to modify my WindowsXP pro CD. My source is a WinXP pro SP1 CD.

I used XPCREATE to slipstream all the hotfixes and stuff. Then i used nLite to remove everything i dont need. WORKED GREAT!

Now in times of SP2 I have a lot of problems... I slipstreamed SP2 manualy then started XPCREATE "DLAUTO = YES" (no problems so far). Next step was to reduce size of Windows with nLite. Finaly i got my new ISO.

Started the installation -> Many problems during installation. Windows is not able to boot.... (automatic reboot...)

Can you help me? Is it possible to slipstream DOTNET .. Hotfixes for SP2 ???

-

Sorry for my bad bad bad english. I hope you can understand me :).

thx a lot!

thehalon

XPCREATE will need an UNMODIFIED Windows Source CD (Original Microsoft CD). That means any subsequent modification will need to be done ... subsequently, after XPCREATE has done it's thing. Thus, I'm afraid I must tell you that which I've told many before you that wanted to use nLite, or jdeboeck's scripts: Use XPCREATE, get your CD tested and working, and then move on to the next step. In short, I wont even look at any errors that happen to installations that have been "modified". Sorry, but I really would have no more clue than yourself as to what's wrong.

That said, have a look at the XPCREATE Web Site, under the "Current Hotfixes" section (which, unfortunatly, is not current ...), and you will see where to place DotNetFX so that it is included in the XPCREATED CD. Also, setting DLAUTO=YES will most likely cause many errors and unpredictable results: you will be adding SP1 hotfixes to an SP2 CD. Never tried, but I can imagine that it will not boot, or continuosly reboot. As for SP2 hotfixes, I **** well hope Microsoft is taking at least a couple of days off, and haven't made any yet, seeing as SP2 is less than a week old!