SP2, & Stand-By Option Is Gone?

found the source of culprit... it's my VIA SATA RAID Controller Driver, altho i slipstreamed the driver and loaded up just fine... but it show up as "SCSI RAID" instead of "VIA SATA RAID Controller" under device manager. Tried manual updating driver, and this solved problem. but I dont want to do this every time I reformat, whole purpose behind unattend is "set it and forget it"

I've tried changing lines on TXTSETUP.SIF

[sourceDisksFiles]viasraid.sys = 100,,,,,,3_,4,1,,,1,4

This one worked perfectly and no plms for SP1 with 2.20 driver (very old driver)

TO

[sourceDisksFiles]

viamraid.sys = 100,,,,,,3_,4,1,,,1,4

This one is new 3.10 driver and i'm using SP2

even i tried

[sourceDisksFiles]viamraid.sys = 1,,,,,,4_,4,1,,,1,4

So far I still couldn't fix it

I'ved tried going back with old drivers but it doesnt work with SP2 (alot of errors and crashing)

EDIT: viasraid.sys is old driver, and they changed it to viamraid.sys, dunno why they changed the name.

Yay i solved it myself, 300B worked right off the bat! Thanks for no suggestion or tip or whatoever... what kind of support thread is this?

Well you want me to kiss your a**

Well bend over, buddy, here comes my foot

I don't need your crying a** $hit

Well I want you to contribute

All I got is blood for you

Just kidding! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have also had this problem, and I believe I shared a solution in a similar thread, but since the search function sucks I can't find it. (Or maybe I suck at using the function.) So I'll write it here again:

Windows setup is very picky with digital driver signing. Even if you integrate new and fresh SATA and/or RAID drivers on the CD, these will only be used for the install process; the finished Windows system will have much older ones installed, because they are digitally signed and the new ones are not.

There is a workaround to this, however. Go to Programs>Administrative Tools>Computer Management. Click "Device Manager" in left pane. In the right pane, click "SCSI and RAID controllers" and then "RAID controller". In the "RAID Controller Properties" window that comes up, choose "Driver" tab. Most likely, you will see a digitally signed driver which is *very* old. Now choose "Update driver", install "from a list or specific location" and "don't search". Chanses are your new driver (which was copied by setup from the CD) is available there. Choose it, and ignore the warnings about it not being digitally signed. Reboot. Now "Standby" will (probably) work.

At least it did for me.