registering components .. error ?

:) Hey guys after of all yours help..

after reading all your excellent guides..

I finaly managed to get my unattended winxp to work perfectly...

So i decided to make a DVD with more apps and more drivers..

everyhing went ok ..

i copied the already working winxp cd to my hard disk and i added only some applications and drivers..modifying offcourse the winnt.sif file and the runoceex file..

Everyhing is going fine.. till the time when 12 minutes remaning to complete setup and setup i registering components... my computer freazes and it's not moving any more to complete setup.. i tried it on several pc's the same happens... 12 minutes to complete .. registering componets (or something like that .. i think this is ..i translated it from greek.. ) and computer is not moving any more to comlete setup./.

Any suggestions Guys ?

Thnaks in Advance

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same "REGISTERING COMPONENTS" problem, although my installation hung at 9 minutes left. After a week(!) of frustrations, I finally found the culprit: my $15 USB smartcard reader. When I disconnected it, everything worked like a charm.

The rule seems to be: If anything *can* interfere with your WXP install, it *will*. So disconnect everything you don't need during the install. After the install is finished, add your stuff, one item at a time.

Took me a week to learn that lesson! :whistle:

I'm having the exact same issue at the 12 minute mark. I'm installing into the latest version VMWare. A slipstreamed XPSP1 cd installs fine but a slipstreamed XPSP2 cd hangs at the 12 minute mark every time.

• 9 months later...

same problem @ T-12, haven't found any solutions yet on the forum so I'll post a reaction here in the hope someone has a solution :)

The messages keep scrolling, and it indicates that it's reading from the CD, but no harddrive accessing.

I'm testing it in VMware, haven't tested it in real life yet, but I don't plan too untill it works over there :)

Edit: Nvm

as stated somewhere else: When you use the cmdhow @ /HID and there's an error in the RunOnceEx and asks for input, then it's normal it doesn't continue untill you give the input to the window.

Edited by OmegaII