Daemon Tools Question

MCT

is it okay to just link to other websites? i found it somewhere on the web:

daemon.exe -mount <n>,<path>

where <n> is the device, numbers 0 - 3 (since daemon tools only max at 4 virtual drives), <path> is to the ISO

e.g. i only have one virtual drive: so my command line is:

daemon.exe -mount 0,"C:\XPCD.iso"

Hi..this is what i found so far...i haven't tested it out on a new machine yet, so im not sure if this is all that's needed...any help to refine will be appreciated!

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
;these sets associations
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cue]
@="ft000001"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bin]
@="ft000001"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.iso]
@="ft000001"

; i found out that windows randomly generates this set of keys for the cue files I manually added under windows explorer-->tools-->file types
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ft000001]
"EditFlags"=dword:00000000
"AlwaysShowExt"=""
"BrowserFlags"=dword:00000008
@=""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ft000001\shell]
@="Open"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ft000001\shell\Open]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ft000001\shell\Open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe\" -mount 0,\"%1\""

;these sets the right click open with program lists I want...
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.CUE]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.CUE\OpenWithList]
"a"="daemon.exe"
"b"="NOTEPAD.EXE"
"MRUList"="ab"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.CUE\OpenWithProgids]
"ft000001"=hex(0):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.bin]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.bin\OpenWithProgids]
"ft000001"=hex(0):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.iso]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.iso\OpenWithList]
"a"="daemon.exe"
"b"="nero.exe"
"MRUList"="ab"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.iso\OpenWithProgids]
"ft000001"=hex(0):

sorry abt the messy code...it's late, and i'm going to bed!

hi.. sorry i didnt post back lastnight, i went 2 sleep :rolleyes:

heres what i have..

[Version]
Signature=$CHICAGO$

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg = Mount
DelReg = Daemon

[Mount]
HKCR,".ISO",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,".CUE",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,".CCD",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,".BIN",,,"ISO_Image"
HKCR,"ISO_Image\Shell\Mount\Command",,,%16422%\D-Tools\"daemon.exe -mount 0,%1

[Daemon]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","DAEMON Tools-1033"

this will look for daemon.exe to be in default location.. %programfiles%\d-tools\daemon.exe

& u can rightclick ANY iso or .cue or .bin or .ccd & mount them.. 2 unmount just use the "eject" option on the virtual cd.. my code also removes daemon tools from starting up :)

if u wanna add more extensions just use same format as i have

Note: this is an inf so save it as an inf :D

regards

I should add that for my messy reg tweaks, associating it with ft000001 would work with unattends, but if you're adding it to your current machine, it might erase the current associations if you have any...so use with precaution!

Or you can change the key ft00001 to something else appropriate..i have yet to think of an appropriate name..like.."CDImage".."daemon tools kickass image"? Remember to change the corresponding entries too, like this

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.iso]
@="CDImage"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImage]
"AlwaysShowExt"=""
@=""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImage\shell]
@="Open"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImage\shell\Open]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDImage\shell\Open\command]

and so on and so forth..

Anywayz, I like MCT's way too, nice and clean! :) But I'm not very good at importing infs...and did I mention that the best thing abt doing this right click mount option is that the program never needs to show up in your systray?!

did I mention that the best thing abt doing this right click mount option is that the program never needs to show up in your systray?!

thats why i like it :) saves on resource & u still have all functionality :rolleyes:

here is a program DaemonScript.exe that u can setup 2 run during your unattended cd install to add 1-4 virtual drives :D

extract the .msi file.. install it.. do the appropriate things then save your config & 2 run it..

just make sure u install the daemonscript.msi file b4 u execute your script..

start /wait myfile.daemonscript no switches needed

I should add that for my messy reg tweaks, associating it with ft000001 would work with unattends, but if you're adding it to your current machine, it might erase the current associations if you have any...so use with precaution!

Or you can change the key ft00001 to something else appropriate..i have yet to think of an appropriate name..like.."CDImage".."daemon tools kickass image"? Remember to change the corresponding entries too, like this

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.iso]
@="CDImage"

"AlwaysShowExt"=""
@=""
@="Open"

and so on and so forth..

Anywayz, I like MCT's way too, nice and clean! :) But I'm not very good at importing infs...and did I mention that the best thing abt doing this right click mount option is that the program never needs to show up in your systray?!

I'm pretty new to this unattended stuff, I'm still waiting for sp2 to be released for my native language, but in the meanwhile I might as well start working on reg tweaks that I'm gonna add..

so this is my question, would I have to make a new reg-thingy for each of the filetypes i want to associate to daemon tools, the one you made is for .iso right?

so If I wanted to make another one for .cue this is what I'd have to do

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cue]
@="CDImage"

"AlwaysShowExt"=""
@=""
@="Open"

or would it be enough to just make

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cue]
@="CDImage"

without the last part about CDImage since it was allready added for the .iso extension...

I hope I make myself clear :rolleyes:

thanks in advance

Daniel