Newtork Boot CS

TheKid72

Ok, after two days I am exhausted. I have been using Barts Network Boot disk successfully for a while, THANK YOU BART!. It works great. I use the network boot disk to boot the computer and then from there I launch Ghost 8 from the network and use an image that is stored on the network. (I know a PXE boot would be more efficient and easier, but it was not my decision, otherwise I would be usings a sysprep image and PXE boot)

Now two days ago I got a laptop that has no floppy disk drive, no surpise there, and I have been trying to create a boot disk that will do the same thing. I followed the instructions for creating Barts BootCD and Corporate Modboot but neither worked. My last ditch effort was to create a floppy disk image and use Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator to create a boot CD from floppy. I used BFI to create a floppy disk image and then used Roxio's boot cd creator to create a boot CD using that image. When I try to boot from the CD, it flashes a quick message across the screen and then goes ahead and boots the OS on the machine.

Please help me out here guys, where am I going wrong. :)

Additonal Info: I was able to slow down the boot up and the message that I receive that "flashes" is that it does not find the image file.

There is a issue with floppy emulation if BIOS don't support floppy (in most cases if computer don't have floppy - floppy handling code isn't included in BIOS).

Try some other tools that uses floppy images and if the situation is the same - it's the BIOS thing and there is no solution.

I created the boot cd using 1.44 floppy emulation, Hard Disk emulation and no emulation at all and none have worked. I should have mentioned that I am creating the boot cd on a desktop computer that has a floppy drive installed.

I was able to create a bootable cd using a Windows 98 boot floppy, but that does not give me any network support so that I can run Ghost and get a good image of the laptop.

Did you use CD-RW media?

They seems to be too slow to read, and BIOS don't wait so long. Try using other more standard media, and burn it at less speed (CD-R 640mb at <12x).

I don't have expirience with Roxio, maybe there is a problem.

Also try to boot ISO image of your CD in some Virtual Machine (VMware, Bochs, QEMU...).