DX9 OPK

Has anyone else had this problem: everytime I try to download the DX9b OPK it's corrupt/not executable.

I've tried from several different sources and each of them has come back the same: not able to run. I get a "dx9ntopk.exe is not a valid Win32 executable." and then it quits.

I mean, it's not too big a deal because I have the older patched dxsetup.exe that allowed the /opk switch which accomplishes the same goal. I was just wondering if anyone else had been having problems with it, or whether it was just me.

With my luck, it's just me and the rest of you think I'm nuts. Either way it's all good. :)

Try using a download manager. DX9NTopk.rar should be 11,708,877 bytes

We are aware of download issues on the MSFN server

aaron, i see you have removed the OPK in your hotfixeslist? why? do the new redist 9.0c remove the need of OPK? so if i use this i have to remove the 839643 and the OPK?

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=8741

DirectX 9.0c has a silent install option now (previous builds didn't which is why we opted for providing an OPK version at the time). So yes you can remove the OPK and the security update 839643, or wait a few days for XP SP2 instead.

DirectX 9.0c has a silent install option now (previous builds didn't which is why we opted for providing an OPK version at the time). So yes you can remove the OPK and the security update 839643, or wait a few days for XP SP2 instead.

i am curious when SP2 for dutch xp come out.... maybe about a few weeks....

but ok, thanks for explaining that....