Issues with renaming bliss.jp_

I am trying to make sure that the stupid bliss background does not haunt us I don't want the teletubbies to come over the hill and attack me.

However I have tried to get at it from the root of the problem and just renaming bliss.jp_ in my XPCD\i386 folder. Well when I do that and install WinXP it is very screwd up. It seems that Windows XP forgets that IE is installed. The IE shortcut on the desktop doesn't work. And when IE is called from another application IE doesn't load.

I have made many coasters this way.

Yeah i have been trying to change the startup background but to no avail myself. Tried the registry settings i saw on here about changing it in wallpaper and backupwallpaper but didnt work for me. Would be nice to know of a way

Right click on the desktop, select properties. On the theme tab click, 'Save as'. Name your theme file and save it. Place it in "$oem$\$$\Resources\Themes".

Place this in your WINNT.SIF:

[Shell]
 CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%windir%\Resources\Themes\yourtheme.theme"

Make sure your wallpaper ends up in the same location during installation as when you saved your theme file.

You can place your theme file anywhere as long as the path in winnt.sif reflects that.

Ahh that sounds good and simple. Why didn't i think of that?!?! Does themes include screensaver and their settings too? If so then **** marvellous as kill 2 birds with 1 stone as that is on my list to do later. If not then i am sure i will find a way!

Cheers

Nick

I really wonder though, who would ever want to see the original Bliss wallpaper again, anyway? :rolleyes:

LOL - personally, I agree with you - the Bliss wallpaper prompts vomiting as far as I'm concerned. But then, there are licensing limitations, and corporate policies, and other people's preferences to be considered as well. :)