cannot install macromedia flash player

eliascm

I think that macromedia flashplayer was installed on my computer, but I must have uninstalled it. I want to install it so I can view the video clips on MSN. However, I have repeatedly tried to install it, either directly from the Macromedia website or by downloading the installer and then running it. The website very quickly gives me a message that the software is installed--it isn't. Running the installer from my computer takes a few more steps, but the results are the same. I have carefully checked my Internet Explorer security settings so that they are compatible with installing the Flash Player. I found a website, Liberty Boys, or something like that, which directed me to delete a registry entry to enable the installing. I did. The software still did not install. I posted this problem to a different forum and got no reply. I hope someone on this forum can help me.

Thanks

http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab

try downloadin the flashplayer here and install it with the .inf file or getflash.exe, no idea

Thanks for the reply! I downloaded and unzipped swflash.cab. I ran getflash.exe several times and finally got a message that a later version of Flash Player is available and did I want to download it. I said yes and gave permission to install it. A dialog told me that the installation was successful and that I should restart my computer (please note that I am paraphrasing all of this). After all of this the flash player is not installed.

I do not know what you mean about installing it with the .inf file, so I didn't try that. Well not having the flash player is not a great tragedy, but I am truly baffled about the failure of all of my efforts to install it.

Best Regards,

Charles