Anybody knows the Directx 9C switch

Dennie

The .NET framework should be installed before you install directx 9.0c.

Maybe that is the problem.

No, my win2kSP4 uA install runs just fine with a silent dX9c, without the .NET framework's prior presence.

No, my win2kSP4 uA install runs just fine with a silent dX9c, without the .NET framework's prior presence.

Uhm mine doesnt. I get some weird a** errors with my Win2k sp4. Could you post your infs/cmds/regs/vbs' for me to look at. I would really appreciate it.

Ah, so there you are! (caught the error - I think)

1. Extract the downloaded executable using winrar.

2. You will find some .CABs and a "dxsetup.exe" inside.

3. Now copy this folder to your CD/HDD and run dxsetup.exe with the "/silent" switch.

Uhm mine doesnt. I get some weird a** errors with my Win2k sp4. Could you post your infs/cmds/regs/vbs' for me to look at. I would really appreciate it.

Microsoft wouldn't make a CORE system component rely on it's .NET framework (yet anyways). It was be an Anti-Trust issue, and would be in court extremely fast.

It's something you're doing.

prathapml that was what I did.

The thing is. The installer seems to be working fine. But when I run dxdiag from the run menu, there starts to pop up some weird errors. These errors also showed their ugly face one time when I installed some ATI mobile gfx drivers, and when I install IE6.

DX9b works fine though, so I'll be sticking with that untill the problem is solved.

Btw. my testing has been done on a clean windows 2000 pro with sp4, and nothing else. No pre-sp5 updates or anything.

Are you installing pre-sp5 updates during windows setup?

Are you installing pre-sp5 updates during windows setup?
Nopes! I do the same thing - slip-streamed SP4 and no updates beyond that.

As a matter of fact, i got the errors you describe when I used to install directX from cmdlines/svcpack.inf.

Then, I moved away the dX install to GUIrunonce, and all is fine now.

Uhm i get the error when I install from RunOnceEx. I dont get the error during install when I install the "normal" way, e.g. directly from within Windows. I do however get the errors the second I run DXDiag.

Tried that?