full unattended installation

Hi all,

Is it possible to fully automate the installation of windows on a new PC, including automation of creation and formating of partitions?

Thanks,

Moshe K.

Yes, you can do this, just check out the Deploy.cab file in support tools of CD.

I have an old windows 2000 Pro auto install cd somewhere's '''',,,,,,,'''''

There are Commands for diskpart as well, diskpart is what formats the drive anyways , why not use it, The XP/server 2003 command book has a huge list of diskpart commands, its one of thous smaller blue books.

The BartPE plugin system is dumb, yes, but I just created a new plugin -- it's just an easily-understoof INF file in a directory -- called "Install" and disabled every other plugin. The INF file for "Install" sets a batch file it as the default shell, so it is run on boot and the machine restarts when the batch file terminates.

Personally, I had no problems with BartPE, and now have a 100% automated install. I just stick in a CD and 20 minutes later have a machine partitioned, formatted, and running Windows as I like.

Hey, Vann, question: I did something similar to what you did, make BartPE only run my plugin (a batch that prepares my partitions and starts windows setup) -- however, on reboot, the CD just starts over and over... how do I go about making the CD do like the Windows setup -- only run if there's nothing on the HDD from earlier (like I assume you have done...)

on reboot, the CD just starts over and over... how do I go about making the CD do like the Windows setup

I assume you want your CD to behave like the original ones - if the HDD already has an active partition, it should show the "Press any key to start setup........" text prompt, isn't it?

All you need to do is copy "bootfix.bin" from the original CD (from which you make your PE) to your currently-using CD's I386 folder (or its BOOT folder, if you are using multi-boot).