Sysprep driver install

kidem

I have created an image for some different machines,which works, but couple of the machines wont install the drivers that i have specified in the OemPnPDriversPath= drivers\nic etc.. and video and sound all install OK, But after xp comes up without Nic driver installed i can point it to the same place in OemPnPDriversPath= drivers\nic etc... and it will work...any ideas?

The latest package version can be downloaded from Intel :

Download Software drivers and Utility

>>>Networking and Communications

>>>>>>Intel® Desktop Adapters

or

>>>>>>Ethernet Controllers

>>>>>>>>> <name_of_your_adapter>

Select your operating system for available downloads

I have successfully installed HP/Compaq Evo d530 computers with integrated Broadcom 5702-, 5705F-, 5705-, and 5782-based NICs and LOMS (LAN on motherboard) and additional PCI Intel PRO/100/1000 NIC using this method.

yea...i did...something is not allowing it to install during Sysprep....all other drivers work though.....is there a way i can put all my drivers in the driver.cab file?

Are those NIC drivers signed ?

Are they WHQL-logo passed?

If any of the above is true, you need this line in winnt.sif

[Unattended]
   DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Try once with this setting, and report back whether your drivers get installed now.

yea i use that already...i have everthing correct, it the problem with simliar drivers which i have read, but can figure out how to get it to force them to install,im not sure if this is even possible but couldnt i add driver files to drivers.cab, or somewhere else?

ok...got it working

All drivers are now installed, i didnt want to do it this way but it works....

I created a batch file to run ,which installs the setup of the drivers which were giving me problems, i added the batch file to the CmdLines.txt and added the drivers to $oem$ folder, and when they are ran there ran in silent mode....

kidem