windows setup error after slipstreaming

Cebaoth

Hi folks,

I slipstreamed a XP-CD with SP1. I used the ms_cdimage found at unattend.msfn.org and also created an iso with nero.

To install, I mount the ISO using Nero ImageCD and booting up a PC with "Virtual PC", with the ImageCD-Drive connected. It first comes into the Setup but after loading the IDE-controller it refuses to go on. It always wants to continue from drive a:

When I'm mounting a regular XP-CD setups continues as intended.

Does anybody have experience with installing a virtual pc using a mounted image?

I Do not think your problem has to do with virtual pc

however i do think you should dump it as its half the toy that vmware is!

are you booting from cd?

i think this might solve your problem....setup is looking for setup files.

1. delete the iso image you created as thats no good

2. create the 6 floppy boot disks for xp

3. copy all the files on each floppy boot disk and paste them to the i386 folder

of your on your hard disk (replacing all the files).

4. Once this is complete create a new iso image from this and try again.

good luck

CB

Well, VM-Ware indeed IS better, but as I'm researching at work, my boss won't allow me to by a VMW-licence for testing purposes, so I have to stick to the VPC-Test version from MS. Well, never mind

Doesn't find the setup-files... Sounds reasonable. I dropped a winnt.sif in the \i386 folder, theres one point beneath [data]:

MsDosInitiated="0"

if set to "1" it would ask for disks, but as it is set to "0" I can't think of this as the problem...

I'm triing another imagemounter (Daemon-Tools) Maybe that helps with the problem...

Will let you know

Well, VM-Ware indeed IS better, but as I'm researching at work, my boss won't allow me to by a VMW-licence for testing purposes, so I have to stick to the VPC-Test version from MS.

Then go and download the trial version, and register for a 30-day free license.

Dude im sure your going the wrong way with doing this, all u need to do is delete to image file u have already created and then copy the files which i have attached to the root of ur cd. These files are the files which the operating system scans for to say that SP1 is on the CD and will boot with no problems...

PRO.rar

Thx for your help guys,

you were right. I did only copy the \i386 dir from the cd. I built the cd again, this time with the files in the root - et voila it runs smooth.