What went wrong with the bootable cd That I made

yazanaswad

Hi All ,

Pls tell me what went wrong with the bootable windows server 2003 Cd That I made , i followed this guide (( http://www.flyakite.msfnhosting.com/introduction.htm )))

and I have made everything according to the guide but didnt boot , and here is a pic in winiso , it says it is not bootable cd ...

ent.jpg

Pls tell me what should i do to solve this ,

thax

Yazan

You should use winimage to make the .iso and define the bootsector file in the commandline

e.g.

start cdimage.exe -lDVD-CD Label here -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b\AIO-DVD\BOOT\loader.bin -h -n -o -m -yd \AIO-DVD(dir with dvd content) D:\Output file.iso

-b\AIO-DVD\BOOT\loader.bin

thats the bootsector for my dvd

Click here for more info on winimage

hope this helps

For starters you are going the wrong way really for creating a single OS CD, u can use the multiboot method but u dont have to...All you need to do is take the Files/folders from your /Server2003/Enterprise folder and copy them to something like C:\server2003.

You will then end up with 2003 Enterprise within this folder with folders like i386, tools etc. Then all you need to do is place CDimage and a copy of the 3ENT.dat into c:\ and modify the entery within 3ENT.dat back to i386 then rename it to 3ENT.BIN. Then Run Cmd then the command CD\ to take you to the root of C:\ then run

cdimage.exe -lWIN2003ENTCD -t07/22/2004,09:00:00 -bc:\3ENT.BIN -h -n -o -m c:\Server~1 C:\2003ENT.iso