PDF Creator and Norton Utils errors

Hello all

Norton utils 2002 win doctor reports when run that it hasn't been registered and doesn't work. Norton Protected Files Unerase reports much the same and doesn't run.

I am installing these programs normally ie not being installed unattended.

These programs worked on an older unattended install I used. Since then I have changed to using RunOnceEX and use different reg tweaks now.

I have set all services to automatic and tried re-installing both applications to no avail. I am guessing it is not a service related problem.

Has anybody seen these errors before?

Edited: Sorry for the massive amount of text people. Late night brain deficit disorder. PDF Creator solved. Just norton now.

Suggestion:

I don't know about anyone else, but seeing so much to read scares me away right away.

If it is a normal installation, I doubt you will find many people here interested in looking into it: try a forum related to the software,

Again, if it is a normal installation of the software, perhaps you have "customized" your Windows in a way that causes problems. If you did something non-orthodox, you should mention it.

Finally ... I think the following post should be required reading for all posters:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

(My soon to be favorite quote.)

Sorry. Yes that post is extremely long. I only really realize how long it is now.

I've done nothing unorthodox, that's why it puzzles me.

I think you'll find all the questions I've asked before have been well laid out. This is the only one where I've done such a huge copy paste without out much thought - late night.

Editing it to shrink it.