Question on a batch file

newdles

http://jdeboeck.msfnhosting.com/

I've ran through the batch files from this site and then have ran across a few of the different ones that I was a bit unsure on.

Ports

Shell Images

Music Players

I know what Music Players are but I'm wondering if this batch file for "Media Players" will disable the use of other media players I were to install in the future?

Ports, I know what a port is. Never heard of removing a port though unless these ports are totally different than the ports you use throughout the web.

Shell Images I don't know about at all. I'm weary about running the batch tools without knowing what they're removing/disabling. I'm imaging though that shell images has to do with wallpapers maybe? Possibly even icons or ....?

Thanks for anyone that has any info :)

Well I didn't remove shell images or ports. Both take up very little room and I never got any advice so I just didn't want to chance it.

Aside from that though, after running all the batch files, I'm left with two folders outside of the I386 folder. One is "always" and the other is "optional". My question is can these be deleted? Everything inside both folders looks to be everything else that I've just removed but just wanted a bit of reassurance that they're not there for any other reason but to serve as a quick and easy method to delete them :)

Thanks.