delling files

Hi,

i made a unattended cd, almost ready, but have a problem !

i use XPLode to install all patches progs etc :)

but now, how can i delete the installation dir (so the $1\Install) dir on my hdd,

cause when i try to del it from XPLode, i can't del it cause XPLode is still running !

so how would it be possible to del ALL files in Install dir ?

greets

oh. i see what u mean, sorry ..

maybe put an entry in runonce or something so upon first boot it will delete it

cmd.exe /c RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Install"

regards

Here's what I do:

1. The last task executed by XPlode's xml is to run

<execute display='clean home' program='%systemroot%\temp\eXPlode\clean.cmd' nowait='true' />

2. Here's the contents of my clean.cmd:

CLS
@echo off
cmdow @ /hid
TITLE clean temporary folder
COLOR fc

sleep 15
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install
sleep 4
RD /S /Q %systemroot%\temp\eXPlode
EXIT

I hope you understood what is happening in the above processes. If any part seems not-understandable to you, post a question in this thread (after making efforts to make the above work) and I {or another MSFN'er} will be happy to answer it.

That would be because that directory is "up in use" somewhere.

Are you sure you gave enough sleep time for xplode to exit ? (15 seconds ought to be more that enough, but do you have the sleep.exe tool in the first place ?)

Or, where are you running the clean.cmd from?

Running it from somewhere within "%systemroot%\temp\eXPlode\" is recommended because that folder is sufficiently out of the way that no one will accidentally run that cmd again. Also, running it from that temp folder facilitates the .cmd to self-delete (otherwise not easily possible).

Try setting up your cleaning processes in exactly the way I did - and please post back about the results.

Just came back here to say:

nowait is cool in more ways too. The below is the last process to be executed by XPlode (when it runs on first-boot from GUIrunonce) :

<execute display='Rebooting...' program='shutdown.exe' arguments='-r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in a minute...          This will give enough time for the shortcuts to update and for the shell to fully load before its ready to restart!"' nowait='true' />