ADSL/Networking

lankester

I have posted this on several forums laterly but nobody has any answers or soloutions.

For the last week i have been trying to get adsl working over a network any finally got it working, but prior to getting adsl running over the network i could transfer files at very good transfer rates(20mb 30seconds) and had a good dsl connection on the host. Now i have dsl connection on the client, transfering files has become a waste of time 5mb in 15minutes and my dsl connection on the host averages a 7kb download speed whilst on the client its in the 30's.

Details as Tinker said....

How many pc's...What are they running (OS?)......Router and what kind, if not a router what kind of hub? Are you using crossovers? whos your IP supplier? How are you transfering the files, what kind of client?

-Xperties

OK Here it is 1 pc running xp which has pci Adsl modem pluc realtek network card, straight through cable connected to hub port 1. Port 2 straight through cable into wall plate. Cat5 down to wal plate in office. Straight through cable into realtek network card pc running ME. As i asaid prior to getting adsl runing on nework, network work transfer speed very high, now poor network speed on xp machine also poor transfer on network.

PS Also poor transfer on me to xp/ me to xp.

Hope this can help, p***ing me off

O.K. good information. Now lets try and isolate the trouble. If you disconnect the XP machine from the hub does the transfer rate pick up on the ADSL? If so does it maintain the speed for long periods?. Now if you reconnect the hub to be linked to the ME system does the speed fall off again?