Using Dynamic Update?

ive been checking out possibly setting up a network share in order to update machines that are being upgraded to windows xp via unattended installation. however, i have found it very confusing in order to set it up.

exactly where do i download these files that go in the \dushare directory? do they have to be .cab, .zip, .exe? i have grabbed some from the windows catalog updater, but none of them come in .cab format, which it says is required for install via dynamic update.

i managed to download dynamic update 1.3 from windows catalog, but it contains an exe that extracts 6 identical .cab files, and obviously cannot contain much (if any) update information.

ive been reading the reference manual as well as various other tutorials, and i am confused as all hell. are there any easier to follow solutions floating around out there?

There haven't been any du since sp1 was released. DU's are ONLY critical updates, it's not all the windows updates. I'm guessing you want to install all the windows updates after the install is done. If so, i believe there's a sticky that lists the current windows updates, and this site has many different methods to install windows updates (hotfixes) after the install is done.

-gosh