Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP

Nick2588

(a solution has been found)

Download:

:)ShrinkPlus!.zip (4.44 KB)

Original Post

Hello, I need help making Plus! for Windows XP install automatically. I do not want to install all of the "Digital Media" crap that comes with it. How can I tell it not to install certain parts? With Microsoft Office I can make transform files, can I do something similar with this?

Or, is there some way I can make it continue on errors? I can manually delete all of the files I don't want from the folder, but then it displays error messages asking to continue or cancel for each file. It is a Windows Installer file called Setup.msi and using /qb- just cancels the errors automatically, so installation is stopped. Can I do something so that the errors are automatically ignored?

Hello, I need help making Plus! for Windows XP install automatically. I do not want to install all of the "Digital Media" crap that comes with it. How can I tell it not to install certain parts? With Microsoft Office I can make transform files, can I do something similar with this?

Or, is there some way I can make it continue on errors? I can manually delete all of the files I don't want from the folder, but then it displays error messages asking to continue or cancel for each file. It is a Windows Installer file called Setup.msi and using /qb- just cancels the errors automatically, so installation is stopped. Can I do something so that the errors are automatically ignored?

i also want to do this, i like some screensavers and some games. so i want it on my unattendcd. let me know how far u are and what u have doing. i am still thinking ripping unuseable things out of xp plus to make it smaller......

make a mst (transform) and apply during installation. do a search for mst if you do not know how to make one. it has been covered extensively.

How? There is no setup.exe or anything, there is only setup.msi.

I made a transform file, but I have no way to apply it. Running "setup.msi TRANSFORMS=Plus.MST" just shows a dialog saying "Invalid command line options".

make a mst (transform) and apply during installation. do a search for mst if you do not know how to make one. it has been covered extensively.

How? There is no setup.exe or anything, there is only setup.msi.

I made a transform file, but I have no way to apply it. Running "setup.msi TRANSFORMS=Plus.MST" just shows a dialog saying "Invalid command line options".

the msi is probably named something different, also use the full path to both msi and mst

Download:

:)ShrinkPlus!.zip (4.44 KB)

This installs everything except the "Digital Media" category. I was able to shrink Plus! down to 165 MB, so it fits nicely with Windows XP itself.

If you delete anything besides what my batch file modifies, your installation will fail! If you need a more compact Plus!, you can use the Custom Installation Wizard program from the Office 2003 Resource Kit Tools to make another transform file. BTW, maybe this could be mentioned on the site under Applications?