Problems installing Win XP Pro with Asus K8V SE De

CompSci

Hi all,

I have been having a very hard time trying to install a slipstreamed Windows XP Pro SP1 onto a Maxtor 160 SATA drive (connected to SATA1 on Via controller) on an Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard (bios updated to latest version 003). This is the only drive I have installed in the system. I followed instructions I saw in other threads about modifying the txtsetup.sif, creating the viasraid.sy_ etc but I always still get the following error: "The file viasraid.sys could not be found". When I try and have setup copy this from a floppy drive it copies it initially, but then comes back and states: "Setup cannot copy the file: viasraid.sys". I even went and copied the floppy drive contents to the CD ROM root. The only thing I didn't try is add those files to the .img file I am using on this bootable CD (created with Nero 5.5).

I am not having this issue when booting directly with my Windows XP Pro CD and just popping the floppy drive when I am prompted for it. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me get past this problem?

Thanks.