Partial unattended, runonceex.cmd access denied?

Ok, so I've built a .cmd file that prompts you for which of the apps you want to install, ie. it'll ask you if you want to install the nvidia video drivers, if you want to install the ati video drivers, with a Y/N option, depending on what you choose it uses "echo" to echo the reg line to the RunOnceEx.cmd It worked fine in the testing of the batch files themselves, but during an actual install when it prompts and you say yes, and then it tries to echo the reg add line to RunOnceEx.cmd it comes back with "Access Denied." Now before I do all sorts of different things to try and fix this (is it marked as read-only during this part?) Does anyone have any idea how to fix it. I'm assuming that it has somehow made the RunOnceEx.cmd read only so when I try to echo to it it's not letting me append any text. ANyone have any insight? Any help would be appreciated.

When are you getting that error? During cmdlines I take it?

Try adding the following line to the start of your .cmd file:

attrib -R %systemdrive%\install\RunOnceEx.cmd

Change the path ofcourse. Also, make sure the RunOnceEx.cmd is actually being copied/echoed to your %systemdrive% and not to the CD.

Yeah, I'm thinking that it's on the CD still, but I'm retarded and realized I don't need to do that to make it dynamic, instead of echoing the reg info to runonceex.cmd I can just use that file itself and have it skip stuff based on user response, that way it doesn't have to modify any files.