hotfix problem

wolfshade

I always used Autopatcher to install my hotfixes from HDD and it ran very smooth until i put the unattended xp+sp1 on CD. Now during cmdlines it just makes a quick someting and doesn't install the hotfixes -- but after i login it does it as usual.

This is the path and commands tell me if i did something wrong cuz i can't figure it out:

START /WAIT E:\PostInst\Autopa~1\AutoPa~1\AutoPatcher.exe /unattend /noeula /screenlog /nolog /nobackup /noreboot /ignorelogs /noregchecks /nonags /english

well, just because I don't use AutoPatcher I don't know exactly waht's wrong, but if you got 20 minutes or so, run the install again, but remove the /nolog and see if the log says anything. They are quite helpful in some cases.

**Disclaimer** I here by acknoledge this may be considered rednecky, but it is not meant to be serious or to hurt someone.

because they be ignant in the matter

But truly, GM is right. You should either try their forum since it is THEIR software, or try removing the /nolog switch and look at the log. They I may laugh when someone over there tells you the same thing :)

Hmmm first of all i dunnow where it would keep a log besides a read that the /nolog makes an info that is sent to Autopatcher makers and is not meant for me to see.

Second: it is very weird that it worked always except for the time i moved the unattend to cd (autopatcher remained the same on HDD) and i think its a cmdlines problem wich i can't figure out.

Third: i need this fixed so bad cuz autopatcher installs 95 entries for me and i'm clicks away to check/uncheck anything it contains instead of making 95 entries in mt batch files and furthermore i can even install any application into autopatcher with flags (autopatcher works like a batch mostly) and then just click at any instal if i want that one or not and save the list.

Edited by wolfshade

At least if u guys don't like Autopatcher for a reason u could at least tell me if Cryptographic Services is started during cmdlines maybe thats its problem allthough when i run unattend from HDD it was the same thing.

add a pause in the cmdlines.txt to see if its even running..

;remove comments for testing

; "cmd /k c:\"

; "cmd /c pause"

Roger

oh it runs no doubts about it it even installs my othere software and stuff - actualy one more problem had arisen -- it won't install adobe reader 6 too and i'll make a post with my batch and prblems before moving to GUIRunOnce again ha :)

At least if u guys don't like Autopatcher for a reason u could at least tell me if Cryptographic Services is started during cmdlines maybe thats its problem allthough when i run unattend from HDD it was the same thing.

As for a log....

it could be in the Autopatcher directory, OR in the the Windows directory. It's all about where it's designed.

Have you asked in their forum yet? There should be a link on their homepage www.autopatcher.com

I've never really check what services are running or not. But my reason for not liking Autopatcher is just because it was made by someone else. Sure it's just a compilation of numerus hotfixes and it saves time getting them one at a time, but why use that program to install the hotfix when I can do it myself in SVCPACK.INF like Microsoft suggests.

It could just be that Autopatcher can't run at that point because somethign is loaded that it depends upon. Always possible.

If you still want it move to the Apps Switches forum, let me know....

no answer in the neo-win forum, i eagerly await an answer -- its fantastic ... all i changed in my unattend is that i put the windows on CD and it messed up Autopatcher(HDD-NTFS partition) and Adobe Reader 6(HDD - NTFS partition) ... veeeery weird :)