C0000211 Unknown Hard Error

During an unattended WINXP installation, I get a "C0000211 Unknown Hard Error". I know it has got to do something with ntdll.dll but it doesn't tell what to do. I also can't find anything on this forum or anywhere else about this problem. Can anyone help me?

I've noticed that that error, only appears when the $oem$ folder is available in the XPCD.

When i removed the $oem$ folder and, recreate the iso, there's no error ..... :)

The winnt.sif is mantained in both methods.

My winnt.sif file:

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=DefaultHide

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\002_network\RealTek\WINXP;Drivers\002_network\SiS900\WinXP;Drivers\003_graphics\AGP\SiS\AGP\WINXP;Drivers\003_graphics\ATI\Driver\2KXP_INF;Drivers\003_graphics\NVIDIA;Drivers\003_graphics\SiS630&730\Win2k_XP\WinXP;Drivers\003_graphics\SiS650&740\Win2K&XP\WinXP;Drivers\005_sound\ALi\W2kME98\Audio;Drivers\005_sound\AUD_EAX4DRV_031031\Drivers\WDM;Drivers\005_sound\C-Media9738\Driver\Win_XP;Drivers\005_sound\C-Media9738-P\DRIVER\WIN_XP;Drivers\005_sound\LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG)\Audio\Drivers\WIN2K_XP;Drivers\005_sound\SiS7012\WinXP;Drivers\005_sound\SiS7012-P\98MEW2K\WINXP;Drivers\005_sound\SiS7018\WinXP;Drivers\007_keyboard\Qtronix Keyboard &Mouse\Keyboard;Drivers\007_keyboard\Qtronix Keyboard &Mouse\Mouse;Drivers\007_keyboard\SolidTek Wireless Keyboard;Drivers\007_keyboard\WEBBOARD Wireless Keyboard;Drivers\008_mouse;Drivers\009_usb\SiS\WINXP;"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductID=xxx

FullName=""

OrgName=""

ComputerName=MeuPC

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=2,1

[branding]

BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

Home_Page=http://www.sapo.pt

[Proxy]

Proxy_Enable=0

Use_Same_Proxy=1

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=xxx

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

that error is usually hardware associated... strange you don't get it without the $oem$ directory though...

with the $oem$ directory is your ISO big enough to require overburn? overburn won't always work for xp install disk mainly because the cd drive won't copy overburn with the default text mode cd drivers

make sure your OEMPnPDriversPath isn't more than 4096 characters :) i doubt that it is, but, it is pretty long

no idea... remake the iso?... try a different cd drive?... get a new computer?

This google search might be of help.

Also, what files do you have in $oem$? What apps, drivers, etc. A bad driver in your $oem$ directory might cause this problem.

This problem may occur if you install an inappropriate driver for your hardware.

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;314474

You might try eliminating individual drivers to narrow the problem down.