Norton Internet Security 2004 Issue w/ Unattended.

:)

here is my problem each and everytime i install WindowsXP unattended w/ Norton Internet Security 2004. I have to download 9 megs of updates to Norton Antivirus & Internet Security.

Is there a way to slipstream the updates to the installation files?

I have asked this question before but no one seems to know the solution.

Well... one point I would consider worth of taking in to account is this...

You will ALWAYS have to update Norton as new virus definitions are released every couple of days or so on average... Not taking in to account the occasional update in the Norton Engine to allow for blocking new types of viruses...

Best guess is... 4 days after you burn it, it's already needing a minor update, and a month or so after burning it's likely to need an Engine update...

It's only 9 megs, so downloading won't take too long...

And even if you do update it on the disk, it will likely need to still download an update by the time you next come to use that disk... (Unless your an OEM system builder of course).. Or perhaps you just like to re-install a clean system every week or so ?

It may be possible to find the cache that Norton downloads the updates to, but Im not even sure it would be possible to 'tamper' with the install of these components, given that by it's very nature, its an anti-virus program desgined to be 'tamper proof' and all updates are applied through it's own software for security..

Just my take... but hey, if anyone wants to tell me Im wrong and tell me WHY I am wong, I'm all ears...

Kay.

thank u Miss... Kay.. TechnoBabe.

it is true that updates will always be needed. but what i am trying to do is minimize the 9 megs as far less as possible. i am from a 3rd world country dsl and cable are not mainstream here yet. so downloading 9 megs takes a great deal of time and effort.

unlike in the EU and Americas where u have high speed dsl and cable we are not fortunate.

cheers