Multi users on Remote Desktop WinXP SP2 on domain?

EnglishRob

Okay, I don't know if this will be possible in the full SP2 when it comes out but...

I've installed Windows XP SP2 RC1 on my girlfriend's PC running XP Pro. My network has a domain controller and both my PC and my girlfriends PC attach to the domain when they logon, hence fast user switching and the welcome screen has been disabled.

When I try connecting to my girlfriends PC using Remote Desktop she gets logged off.

I was wondering if its possible to have my girlfriend logged into her PC (on the domain) and also login using Remote Desktop to her PC from my PC, or my Linux box on the network so her machine has two users running at once?

Regards,

Rob

why risk your girlfriends computer with sp2? (with its some annoying stuff)

anywasys

to accomplish what u want to do i'd go with ultravnc or anyother vnc programs, which are easier...

no need for logging in or out, no need for domain or workgroup

simply by ip, connect remote control etc..

I suggest put a password :)

Remote Desktop is just that, a connection to the desktop session. Try using remote assistant to shadow the session.

Create a couple shortcuts

To request a RA session, i.e., ask for help from someone:

%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA

To connect to a remote machine:

"%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore" hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote%20Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/Unsolicitedrcui.htm

You will need to be a member of the Local Adminstrator group on the machine you are connecting to.

There are a couple reg hacks to skip the permission asking.

Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...5BLN%5D;Q300546 fro more info.

You can also enable terminal services if all you are looink to do it logon to a seperat session.

I'm trying to get separate sessions, i.e. Terminal Server running on XP so I can connect to my girlfriends PC at the same time as she is using it so we can use separate applications.

She has an Athlon XP 2400+, and mainly all she does on it is play Solitare or browse the net/chat on MSN messenger, so I thought I could use some of that spare CPU power to some good use. I'm trying to migrate my main PC (Athlon 64 3000+) to Fedora Core RC2 but I find that some applications I need to use (Sonic Stage for MiniDisc recorder) don't have equvalents on Linux.

If I can enable Terminal Services while the machine is still on a domain I'd be a happy bunny, it saves me building up a separate Windows 2000 Server and reinstalling it every 120 days when the trial edition I have expires.

Rob