Long Passwords

First post :)

I've spend the last few days browsing this site and forums. Today I'm making my first attempts at running a unattended install with all the hotfixes installed. )One step at a time :D )

I've run into my first problem. When I'm creating a user account for the reghacks, my password is longer than 14 characters. When useraccounts.cmd executes I get a [y/n] choice, with a message explaining that computers using less than winodws 2000 won't be able to access this account. What's the easiest way to automatically answer this question ? :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for any help...

:) Is it possible to create user account passwords with net command which have more than 14 characters?

Won't the passwords get truncated?

Does net command just ask what 2 do or cancel operation with an error?

Ah, and the password's not truncated, it remains what you have entered? :)

Sorry to say that Roger's methods did not work.

Normally the pipe (i.e. that | thingy) should work. Hum ... does it ask you to enter only ONE charakter (like "y" or "no") or do you have to confirm the dialogue and your Y/N-choice respectively with a return?

YEAH!!! Goal for GERMANY! (football) :rolleyes::D:)

Okay, back in medias res ...

I have to press "y" and use enter to confirm.

If this is the case it isn't sufficient to send a "y" only like rdalling suggested before. You also have to send the return command via the pipe.

Don't ask me how to do this, I did this the last time ages ago. But I guess you can find that info on the internet more or less easily. You will have to use special codes in the pipe, one of them is the return command, but as mentioned earlier I don't know it anymore. :D

I couldn't find out how to make the pipe hit return aswell as "Y", so I set about trying some other things. I looked at scripting, but thought I'd try a few different switches first.

Even though it's not listed in any documentation I can find adding /Y appears to work ! :)

I'll going to run another VPC install now to check it fully. I'll report back !