Switch users

mentalindustrie

ok people here i think is close to teh million dollar question.

is anyone aware of the file or the command or anything about how fast user switch works?

basically i want to set up an account that logs in starts up my firewall. the logs back out.

as it seems to me at the welcome screen on a LAN there is no protection for your box.

any hints or pointer where to look will be apprechiated

Mental industries

Yes, there is a quick key for it...

If you use the Windows Key + L (windows key being the one between control and alt) Will bring you back to the welcome screen. - To switch, not log you off...

So, ideally, you would let it start up, hit Windows + L to bring you back to the welcome screen...

Presently i beleive however, the windows firewall is started by default - if thats what your using, and i do know the Norton Internet Security starts as a service last i checked - so that should be running as well...

Hope its of some help :)

i have sygate personal firewall pro.

i know the shortcut key, but i wat the user to log in automagically and then log straight bakc out again, so users can use the computer without having to worry about anything.

regardig the service part.

do the services get loaded when u turn the computer on and before u get to teh welcome screen or do they start when you log into windows?

thanks

Mental Industries