Sipstream Sil3112A to Widnows 2003 Server CD

Colin MacLaren

Hi Leutz!

I'm going to install Windows 2003 Server on a RAID0-array using an Sil3112A controller. I tried the floppy/F6 method, the drivers and the array are recognized correctly, but as soon as setup starts copying files, it tells me sil3112r.sys could not be copied.

So I'd like to an unattended instalation using a CD that already includes the latest SATA-RAID-drivers (which are WHQL-certified for Win2003).

I tried RayanVMs raid driver pack as well as this guide, both times I got

"File \$OEM$\iaStor.sys could not be loaded. The error code is 18. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit"

Searching around the forum didn't help me out either.

I'm a dirty noob concerning unattended windows cds, so a step-by-step-guide for slipstreaming the specific driver I'm going to use would be really appreciated :)

The driver can be found here.

Thanks for your help!

Colin

I really should let someone else field this (I'm pretty tired) but here goes:

It sounds like you are trying to do an unattended install while still hitting F6 for floppy supplied drivers. This WON'T work for XP, so I doubt it will work for 2003. The "can't copy file" error would occur if you tried to do an unattended with F6 (I hate to admit it, but I have tried it myself).

Do your floppy drivers work when you do an ATTENDED install (think no winnt.sif)? If they don't work for an attended install then they won't work for unattended.

I have already linked to my2001's link summary for SATA/RAID methods so I might as well link it again (click me!) Unfortunetly there is a slight learning curve associated with adding drivers to a CD, but a little research and a lot of reading can go a long way.

I hope this helps. You may have better luck hacking in just your drivers from Ryan's pack instead of the whole pack (M1-style). Or (shameless plug) once you know what M2 is...try it!

Edit: ughhh my 13th post.