Help...I hate the BSOD!

MechWarrior

Hello guys.

Recenly on an older system (KT266 AMD System) I upgraded from Windows ME to XP.

All has been fine, been getting improved performance except for this annoying BSOD that keeps popping up, normally during 3d gametime.

Error log shows this:

Error code 10000050, parameter1 d14c8800, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 805eb79f, parameter4 00000000.

When I click the more help, the only article I can find is this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...us;817197&sd=ee

Now that would help me, except for the fact that I dont have ANYTHING lexar related installed period. Ive installed all the recent drivers for the motherboard chipset, did a BIOS update, etc...

I cant find anything to help. Im not very good at this. Can one of you gurus help?

Edit, just now got this BSOD (same thing when doing extra help through event viewer:

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 00868661, parameter3 f8c7fcac, parameter4 00000000.

I would suggest that if it was an upgrade and not a clean install that you format and install Windows XP fresh on an NTFS formatted partition. Upgrading carries bugs from Windows ME and hence it won't be stable. Although this is most probably not the best answer out there, I'd seriously consider it if you just upgraded it.

You said during 3d gaming time right? (what 3d graphic card you have?)

well, i play Morrowind "(which takes a hefty amount of graphic memory), i get alot of STOP errors until i did a few tweaks and updated all my drivers.

BTW: Windows XP SP! is my OS.

"Remove write combining

Way to fix: Right click on desktop->properties->display->advanced->troubleshoot

Restart when prompted" One possibility

"Lower the pagefile"

Another possibility