ISO image corrupted ?!?

Phil

Hi,

I created the DVD as flyakite described. Everything worked at the beginning, but now the ISO image seems corrupted ; not readable by WinISO, and Virtual PC says that the "CD image is not valid, it must be greater than 2Mb and a multiple of 2K".

In this case, even if I burn the image or bypass the error message of VirtualPC (by editing the .vmc file), the DVD boots, but all windows fail installing ; for example, XP and 2K editions break with a blue screen after the licence agreement.

Can anybody help me ?

I tried to remake the DVD step by step on a new folder, from scratch, but it failed. If I leave only the 2K+XP editions, it works, but if I add ME or 95 it crashed !?!

I also tried to remove the -o option of CDIMAGE.EXE, without success

I had this same exact problem. As a workaround I used Alcohol 120% to create a virtual drive from the .ISO image. Then I booted from the newly created drive letter within Virtual PC.

For some reason Virtual PC likes you to jump through a few hoops before it decides to want to work.

This is an alternate solution to bypass VirtualPC, but does not solve the problem of the ISO creation (file is corrupted). I am currently trying with CDImage GUI (which is getting hard to find on the net), and will post here if the modifications of the parameters that I found on other forums worked with my problem.

• 3 weeks later...
don't use winiso!!! that will kill you multiboot iso...esp. if you have optimization involved. use ultraiso.

The problem is not about the program that is opening my ISO file, because it is only Virtual PC.

There is an incompatibility between

(2000/2003/XP) and (BartPE)

The problem is on Joliet and ISO and I can't go through it. If Bart works, then all NT installations say thay the EULA is missing. It works if I remove the BartPE folder from my AIO structure.

HELP required from anybody understanding the problem.