MSN Removal Help

boarderman07

Hello,

I recently installed XP Pro and have noticed it comes with a lot of unwanted programs. One being MSN messenger and MSN altogether. I was able to remove MSN messenger but am unsuccessful in removing MSN. I follow the instruction given by www.tweakxp.com which state to do Start -> Run then type in

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove and it should remove it and be gone on reboot. Well when i do this I get this msg -> Error unregistering the OCX 16422. Then when I reboot it is still there. What does this mean? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

this is a much better way of removing MSN, and since XP is loaded with nearly infinate number of irritating features, settings and other crap that helps slowing down the computer:

XPAntiSpy

It's worth its Bytes in gold this is. =)

hope you find it useful!

If its Windows Messenger and not MSN Messenger since that has to be installed manually you can uninstall it via the control panel, but that WILL NOT disable it completely, if you have windows XP Professional you are able to disable this feature completetly if you dont it will still run in the background. To do it go start - run - type gpedit.msc go to Administrative Templates then windows components and then windows messenger and enable both options. Also you may want to disable it from loading using msconfig