help with winnt.sif

:)

I am trying to make my XP setup unattended but i got a msg that says "Please insert the disk labeled Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 CD into drive A:"

I copied winnt.sif under \I386 and my winnt.sif looks like this

;SetupMgrTag[Data]    AutoPartition=0    MsDosInitiated="0"    UnattendedInstall="Yes"
[unattended]    UnattendMode=FullUnattended    OemSkipEula=Yes    OemPreinstall=Yes    TargetPath=\WINDOWS    FileSystem=*    UnattendSwitch="yes"    WaitForReboot="No"
[GuiUnattended]    AdminPassword="*****"    EncryptedAdminPassword=NO    OEMSkipRegional=1    TimeZone=130    OemSkipWelcome=1
[userData]    ProductID=*****-*****-*****-*****-*****    FullName="Alfa"    OrgName="Manowar"    ComputerName=alfa
[Display]    BitsPerPel=32    Xresolution=1024    YResolution=768    Vrefresh=72
[RegionalSettings]    LanguageGroup=6
[identification]    JoinWorkgroup=manowar
[Networking]    InstallDefaultComponents=Yes
[Components]msmsgs=off
[GuiRunOnce]%systemdrive%\install\progs.cmd

What might i be doing wrong ? I am testing it with WMware...

THX

I think you may not have enough files in the main WinXP directory. If memory serves me right, you have to leave the files WIN51, WIN51IP, and WIN51IP.SP1 in the root directory (above I386). I think those files identify the XP folder so it does not ask for another disk.

Try that.

JP