Registry Settings Across Users

hi folks, ive done quite a number of searches to try and get the answer to this problem but with no luck, im not sure what to search for...

my cd is working great, the administrator is left logged in with all the programs, start menu, reg tweaks and visual settings applied. When you create a new user, not all the settings are applied across.

I have shifted the default user sendto/start menu/desktop folders, so they work ok. the same visual style is applied, but things like showing small icons in the start menu, and expand the control panel aren't.

is there a way to rebuild the default user from the administrator account?

or just apply the other tweaks to all users (existing or not)?

here's my files:

cmdlines.txt

[COMMANDS]"REGEDIT /S RegTweaks.reg""QuickLaunch.cmd""RunOnceEx.cmd"

QuickLaunch.cmd

@echo offcmdow @ /HID
reg load HKU\TempUser "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\ntuser.dat"reg add HKU\Tempuser\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams\Desktop /V TaskbarWinXP /t REG_BINARY /d 0c000000080000000<trimmed>0000000000001000000 /freg unload HKU\TempUser />

RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\180 /V 10 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\RegTweaks.reg" /f

the .reg files just have a load of different HKLM and HKCU tweaks. could it be that i just have to change as many of the HKCU tweaks to HKLM? thanks for any help.

All registry entries applied at the T-13 stage (cmdlines.txt) will propagate to the Default User profile. Therefore, all new users logging on, will recieve those settings.

Good luck,

eNuffSaid

but they're not recieving them all though!

the quicklaunch.cmd i picked up from these forums, someone suggested it. i cant remember what it does exactly, something like enable the quick launch bar maybe?

also if i just run the reg file at the T-13 stage, will i have to run it at runonceex aswell? or will the default user propogate to the administrator account? ive got a feeling the cmdlines.txt isnt working properly, just a hunch.

will check back after work