Apache2 Being a pain

Im on my computer. I have one user account, and that is mine as admin. It is passwored.

XP Firewall is TURNED OFF. I am using zonealarm and a router, both of which are NOT the problem. I tried without them both.

Heres the problem:

Apache2 is listening to port 80. Works PERFECTLY...for me.

Whenever someone tries to connect directly to my IP...they get a timed out message or server not found...whatever. Point is, they CAN NOT see my webpages.

Im positive its my Apache2, because I remember apache1.3 did NOT have this problem, but am MUCH more fond of Apache2 :)

Here is my top part of the config:

### Section 1: Global Environment## The directives in this section affect the overall operation of Apache,# such as the number of concurrent requests it can handle or where it# can find its configuration files.#
## ServerRoot: The top of the directory tree under which the server's# configuration, error, and log files are kept.## NOTE!  If you intend to place this on an NFS (or otherwise network)# mounted filesystem then please read the LockFile documentation (available# at <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mpm_common.html#lockfile>);# you will save yourself a lot of trouble.## Do NOT add a slash at the end of the directory path.#ServerRoot "C:/Apache/Apache2"
## ScoreBoardFile: File used to store internal server process information.# If unspecified (the default), the scoreboard will be stored in an# anonymous shared memory segment, and will be unavailable to third-party# applications.# If specified, ensure that no two invocations of Apache share the same# scoreboard file. The scoreboard file MUST BE STORED ON A LOCAL DISK.##ScoreBoardFile logs/apache_runtime_status
## PidFile: The file in which the server should record its process# identification number when it starts.#PidFile logs/httpd.pid
## Timeout: The number of seconds before receives and sends time out.#Timeout 300
## KeepAlive: Whether or not to allow persistent connections (more than# one request per connection). Set to "Off" to deactivate.#KeepAlive On
## MaxKeepAliveRequests: The maximum number of requests to allow# during a persistent connection. Set to 0 to allow an unlimited amount.# We recommend you leave this number high, for maximum performance.#MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
## KeepAliveTimeout: Number of seconds to wait for the next request from the# same client on the same connection.#KeepAliveTimeout 15
#### Server-Pool Size Regulation (MPM specific)## 
# WinNT MPM# ThreadsPerChild: constant number of worker threads in the server process# MaxRequestsPerChild: maximum  number of requests a server process serves<IfModule mpm_winnt.c>ThreadsPerChild 250MaxRequestsPerChild  0</IfModule>
## Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or# ports, instead of the default. See also the <VirtualHost># directive.## Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses as shown below to # prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses (0.0.0.0)##Listen 12.34.56.78:80Listen 80

Please help :rolleyes:

u don't have an ip or a domain name set up

they don't have any place to connect to simply because u don't have a server running.

did u see the page "If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page." thingy when u first set it up?

if u have your stuff on default folder

go to .\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs

and place an index.html there

anyways i didn't have it installed on my newly formatted drive, now installed it

filled the 3 boxes at the start up asking for domain name server name email, etc

and placed a index.html in there and now its accessible,

try to install it again...

i mean i set it up in 2 min with 5 mouse clicks 12 keyboard commands. u shouldn't be having any problems...

here's my .conf file but its like the default file conf.. httpd.conf

try my apache at http://66.71.50.84

Edited by XtremeMaC

Did u create a virtual server in your router where external access from the outside will forward to ur apache server? Because u said u ever tried without using router. try create virtual server in your router with port 80 forwarded to the ip used by ur apache2 server. Hopes that help. BTW, which router u r using?

Regards,

KenKueh

Another reason could be that your ISP placed a recent block on port 80. Try changing to port 81 or 8080 in your conf file, restart Apache and test an outside connection with the port number suffixed to the URL.