Outlook 2003 Delete Message Error

barryfl

Hey,

I wondered if anyone would know how to solve the following problem i am having using outlook 2003:

There is an email in my outbox with a 1MB attachment that i now don't want to send. I have tried to delete it but nothing happens when i press the button to do so. I try opening it and get "can't open this item - outlook has started transmitting the message" i know its not transfering the message because the tasks list in the bottom is idle. Just to let you know i also have Norton Antivirus and Zonealarm 3 pro and i have tried turning of the NAV auto scan mail filter and made sure zonealarm has the correct permissions.

Any help on this matter would be most appreciated

:)

try this

go to send and recieve settings

disable checking for mail at startup

close outlook completely

go to your outbox and try to delete it this time

if fails, maybe db file is corrupt or something, go to personal folders compact the size & try scandisk defrag :) its a small chance but it might just be bc of that, i dunno never experienced this, if i get an error like this, couple of seconds later outlook crashes :rolleyes:

Thanks,

But i just tried both and failed its still sitting there. I think the outlook data file is ok becasue i can get in to all the other messages and folders in the data file. I would delete the whole folder but it won't let me. Well shall keep trying.... :)