Win XP + Audigy + Klipsch 5.1 speakers problem...

alex_is_coo

Well, I built my own PC, since buying a pre made one is a complete waste of money and you get an inferior product.

BUT since I built it, I do not have a support number to call (Aside from the one that the hardware manufacturers give you, and we all know how helpful those people are…)

After about 3 hours on the phone and 5 different representatives the following problem still remains.

(And no, I do not wish to remove ACPI)

Here it is:

Up until recently my sound was running just fine, but after I hooked it up to my TV and then back to my PC it stopped working. (I have the S-Vidieo + Audio all in one cable.)

Now, the only sound I am getting is coming from my subwoofer. And its really bad too, as if the base was turned all the way up. Is there any way to fix this?

First of all it is not possible to achieve Dolby digital 5.1 if you have the following speakers: Midiland 8200, Klipsch 5.1, Any Logitech speakers, and anything else except creative inspire speakers. I can't believe people are actually buying this. There is zero compatibility with Windows XP Home or Pro. It doesn't work with Logitech I-touch software, and the EAX HD doesn't even make a difference. I suggest you go to some newsgroups and check out all of the problems that others are having also. Don't depend on Creative for any support either!

Did you installed update drivers for XP?

Try here

What motherboard you own?

What about BUOS settings?

They are... Hmm this is not good, lol.

Am I the first one with this problem on this board?

It's a common XP problem and can be gotten rid of by getting tid of ACPI but there has GOT to be a way to solve it without having to do this.

XPER Thanks, that did it... (The second driver set)

Well, thats why are we one of the best boards on the net.

:D

Glad we help you

..and tell your friends about us

:):rolleyes: