Solidworks 2012 Installation Problem

e5frog

Swede here, trying to (re)install Solidworks 2012 on an HP XW4400-computer, SATA SSD wouldn't run, I had AHCI drivers fixed last time (some years ago) but I had no recollection of how I used it. 

It wanted the drivers by diskette - so I installed a disk drive - and all was good, installation took forever, really slow process but it got done. Started wondering if it could be made easier somehow - yup, nLite. 
Was surprised to see a lot of other functionality in there and made a couple of versions to make a smooth installation for next crash... 
It worked fine but when I had taken the time to remove unwanted software I got an error at installation for each file missing - you'd think they would have been removed from the scripting...

So I kept everything in, no "biggie", and then I got this message instead of starting the installation "Please insert the disk labeled Windows XP Professional x64 Edition CD-ROM into Drive A:" "* press ENTER when ready". 
You can't get past that... disk is basically a coaster. Three more of these, trying different setups and that's why I'm here - it SHOULD work, it did work in one version. Oddly this is asked with no floppy connected nor active in BIOS. 

I have tried searching for help, found this "Remove "win51ip.SP1" and/or "win51ip.SP2" in root of XPCD." I'm hoping that helps.

Just want a smooth installation without having to type in a bunch of stuff. 

So - I'm off writing my questions... 

Edited by Dave-H
Topic Moved

• Dave-H changed the title to Solidworks 2012 Installation Problem