Help: Need to turn off "Quick Scan Due" notification in system tray

assenort

Hi guys,

I am annoyed beyond my mind by the idiotic "Quick Scan Due" yellow mark notification that appears over the Windows Security icon in the system tray. Basically Windows Security forces you to run a quick scan, which I do NOT want to be doing every few days apart. No useful help about this issue was found on the Internets, hence my posting here.

My system: Windows 10 Education 32-bit; Version 22H2; OS Build 19045.3324

I deleted the entry "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" in Task Scheduler/Windows/Windows Defender, however this did not solve the issue. Yellow mark still appears.

Please help me out. Will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :-)

Project1.jpg

Project2.jpg

Edited by assenort

• assenort changed the title to Help: Need to turn off "Quick Scan Due" notification in system tray

Hello, what happens if you run the following command in Powershell? (running Powershell as administrator)

Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI* | Reset-AppxPackage

From: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-quick-scan-due-warning/07cccf33-0de9-445e-8c3e-24a237b15864

Also, check if there's cleanup software (like CCleaner), as from my search online, I heard it could remove scan logs.

Edited by mina7601

Thank you for this help, mina7601.

Currently the mark vanished from the system tray - I do not know how this happened, since I have been trying a few things, including the tip that you suggested.

Will see what happens next time I turn the computer on... hope this stupid thing will not be there again.

Greets :-)

4 hours ago, assenort said:

Thank you for this help, mina7601.

Currently the mark vanished from the system tray - I do not know how this happened, since I have been trying a few things, including the tip that you suggested.

Will see what happens next time I turn the computer on... hope this stupid thing will not be there again.

Greets :-)

You're welcome, and yeah, hope it doesn't appear for you again.