NVIDIA Driver for the RTX 2060

Aiek

I am trying to make an RTX 2060 driver that works with Windows Vista, I have modified a bunch of files, I tried so many fixes and patches but so far no luck, I don't know if the architecture even works with Vista. 

Point is no matter how much I modify the installer it always gives me the "nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows" error. 

HOW DO I BYPASS THE ERROR?

Capture.JPG

Edited by Aiek
i forgot to add a few details

4 minutes ago, Aiek said:

I am trying to make an RTX 2060 driver that works with Windows Vista, I have modified a bunch of files, I tried so many fixes and patches but so far no luck, I don't know if the architecture even works with Vista. 

Point is no matter how much I modify the installer it always gives me the "nvidia driver is not compatible with this version of windows" error. 

HOW DO I BYPASS THE ERROR?

Capture.JPG

(Also I tried making the 372 driver to work with the rtx 2060 but it also didnt work even tho i replaced or modified every file that had to be modified

The 472 driver will 99% not work! You need to create an osver.ini file (In the thread below you will find information about what it should contain)

Even so, you are bound to get a BSOD or error code in the device manager anyway. The 372 driver is too old to support RTX. Perhaps version 398 modified by win32 will be able to support your graphics card after modifications, but it is unstable probably.

There is no point in using anything newer than the 900 series on Windows Vista, or the 1000 series on modified drivers.

Edited by mjd79

I have the 2022 October extended kernel already installed, and I also have done the osver trick, I don't really need to worry even if I dont succeed with the rtx driver, i have a spare gt 240 that i use just for my vista install, maybe ill try the 398 verison.

• 2 months later...