what is the best Unofficial Windows 98SE SP3?

ssybesma

Some people have reported problems with 3.66, on virtual machines. When I tested it "Win old app" needed to be killed, in "Task Manager", to continue from an installation stall. The installation continued, but I never investigated for install errors.

Some have said 3.65 didn't have the issue. Some said 3.66 worked fine, after using 3.65.

You can read all about it, starting in the last handful of pages.

You can extract the update contents, and read the install scripts. Seems like the installation is the problem, not the content. You could just install things a piece at a time, when possible. Then when/if something goes wrong, you can read the script and do it manually.

But it really depends on what you need the update(s) for. For example, if you are trying to resolve a specific issue.

Thank you Awkduck.

My entire purpose is to have a fully updated Windows 98SE including all updates that came out after SP2.

Not trying to resolve any specific issue but I figure the unofficial service pack resolves issues I cannot anticipate that were missed in SP2.

I'm just using it on a Virtualbox VM, not a physical machine where it would be a little more difficult to start over if I messed something up.

Steve Sybesma