Installed windows 2000 (with EX) on a HP 6910p. need some help/tips regarding smoothing out the experience?..

sebaskitty

heya good day!

as of recently i've kinda been on a "windows 2000" rampage.

grabbing new and old laptops to see what "new" games can run on seemingly obsolete hardware.

but something that seemingly has been universal... is weird USB related issues/"hardware wizard" issues..

for example.

i got 2 usb 2.0 ports. my mouse receiver works in usb port nr1. but not in nr2 . but a external usb drive  does work in all the ports and function fine.

what also happens is. regardless of usb device. every time a usb device get's plugged in. the "hardware wizard" shows up trying to find drivers. even though the device works.    is there a way to disable the hardware wizard from showing up?

another weird thing is. my wireless logitech g502. works perfectly on most my w2k machines. but my wired g302. does not at all.. 

or display brightness. so far only my hp 6910p seems to be unable to change brightness in the os. in the bios works fine. and it keeps said brightness if you boot. but if you want to change the brightness you have to reboot..

the 6910p has official windows 2000 drivers/support. and i've got all of the important drivers installed. could it be that W2K does not support "writing" the brightness to the bios from the os? 

that is basically all i've gotten so far. 

is there indeed a way to more or less smooth out the windows 2000 usage experience a bit more?

and. are there any "drivers" that will potentially make non working usb mice work?

thank you in advance for your insight!