Resolution does not change from winnt.sif

In my unattended setup I use the winnt.sif to change the resolution to 1024*768.

I used this sif a few months ago and it worked, but now it won't.

I've testet the unattended setup on different PC's and in VMWare.

I also tried different BitsPerPel und Vrefresh but this didn't help.

From the sif I start a small VB-Program to choose the software that will be installed.

With the standard resolution it fills the whole screen.

Does someone have any clue?

Here's my winnt.sif:

;SetupMgrTag[Data]    AutoPartition=0    MsDosInitiated="0"    UnattendedInstall="Yes"
[unattended]    AutoActivate= No    DisableDynamicUpdate=YES    DriverSigningPolicy=IGNORE    DUDisable = YES    OemSkipEula=Yes    OemPreinstall=YES    OverwriteOemFilesOnUpgrade= Yes    Repartition= No    TargetPath=WINDOWS    UnattendMode=FullUnattended    UnattendSwitch="yes"
[GuiUnattended]    AdminPassword=*    EncryptedAdminPassword=No    AutoLogon=Yes    AutoLogonCount=3    OEMSkipRegional=1    TimeZone=110    OemSkipWelcome=1
[GuiRunOnce]%systemdrive%\install\xpaisw\InstDotNet.cmd%systemdrive%\install\xpaisw\xpaisw.exe
[userData]    ProductID=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX    FullName="mace"    OrgName="mace inc."    ComputerName=XXXXXX
[Display]    BitsPerPel=16    Vrefresh=60    Xresolution=1024    Yresolution=768
[TapiLocation]    CountryCode=49    Dialing=Tone    AreaCode=0531
[shell]    CustomDefaultThemeFile="%windir%\Resources\Themes\XtremeXP.theme"    DefaultStartPanelOff=Yes    DefaultThemesOff=No
[RegionalSettings]    LanguageGroup=1    Language=00000407
[branding]    BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes
[url]    Home_Page=http://www.google.de
[Proxy]    Proxy_Enable=0    Use_Same_Proxy=1
[identification]    JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP
[Networking]    InstallDefaultComponents=Yes
[Components]    zonegames=off

I had the same problem when my CD-RW was not well read on my target system (without any error!; but some hot fixes were not installed). Burning in 4x instead of 10x (as stated on my CD-RW) solved the problem :)

Hmm, if that is the reason this will be difficult.

Since I included Office2003 I use DVD instead of CD. And in VMWare I install from an Image on the Harddisk. I create the Image with "CDImage".

Ditch Vrefresh? :) Not every monitor is going to have the same refresh rate so i would suggest ommitting it. I did and it works fine for me.

If you read the ref.chm you'll find it in there...says something about the fact that if the display setting can't be matched it will find the next best match. (or something to that nature). :rolleyes:

Yes, I thought of that.

As you can see I have reduced Vrefresh to 60. I think less is not realistic.

I did the last tests with VMWare so perhaps this is a VMWare-Issue.