Back into S-Mode after update from Win10 Pro to Win11 Pro

tachyon2u

I'm not sure if this should be under win10 or win11 category but I've had a couple computers now that after someone accepted the 11 update, the computer was back in to S-mode after reboot.  Unfortunately this then made my remote management tools completely unusable.  I ended up talking the person on the other end through adding an MS account and switching out of S-mode.  Fortunately that user was also a local admin since these aren't domain connected.

Anyone else run into this? 

Since then I've blocked, or at least hope I've blocked the win11 nag screen popups on the remaining computers as well as reminded people not to choose the update if asked. 

On 5/20/2022 at 4:23 AM, tachyon2u said:

I'm not sure if this should be under win10 or win11 category but I've had a couple computers now that after someone accepted the 11 update, the computer was back in to S-mode after reboot.  Unfortunately this then made my remote management tools completely unusable.  I ended up talking the person on the other end through adding an MS account and switching out of S-mode.  Fortunately that user was also a local admin since these aren't domain connected.

Anyone else run into this? 

Since then I've blocked, or at least hope I've blocked the win11 nag screen popups on the remaining computers as well as reminded people not to choose the update if asked. 

Never heard of it. When i got my laptop, it was on S mode. After updating to 11, it did not re-enable S mode.