Study: Effectiveness of Apple's App Tracking Transparency

Mr.Scienceman2000

https://blog.lockdownprivacy.com/2021/09/22/study-effectiveness-of-apples-app-tracking-transparency.html

in short tracking transparency does not make different in amount of tracking apps can do on iOS 14/15. They can still identify devices with IP address, free storage, battery level.

I said when that rolled out it is not true and whole privacy thing was marketing trick, but nobody listened me. Companies do not care from your privacy, anyone who claims is lying. They want profit as much as they can to increase shareholder value. Privacy on these days is marketing trick. Google and MS does same. Both Chrome and Edge offer tracking protection, but let just ignore that both are propieraty and send your data to company to be used for advertising. Would be nice to see company that would be honest that they are tracking you and selling your data and you cannot trust them since that is reality.

Best way to somewhat digital privacy is digital minimalism. Not having any smart appliances (my UPO oven cooks food just fine without internet or computer features), using minimal amount of services, if use some not use their app rather on VM with browser so cannot tamper host files easily, blocking webassembly, webgl, javascript and only allowing javascript and even that only when really need to. Email does not matter since all providers can monitor your messages unless use PGP on client when they cannot see contect of message only sender or reciever. And if you self host email on VPS server, server host can backup virtual machine memory and virtual drive for analysis

In short there is no way to 100% privacy and anyone that claims so is lying

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000