Trying to get MSN Messenger/Escargot working in 2021...

zilchfox

Hey y'all,

I'm just curious, has anyone been able to get the Escargot version of MSN Messenger working on Windows XP in 2021? I've already attempted the TLS 1.2 POSReady 2009 patches and fixes, and while IE does say Cipher Strength 256-bit, TLS 1.2 is enabled and all that jazz (although most websites still do not work on it), I'd more than love to try and get MSN Messenger working again (connection issues).

Right now I have a Lenovo T420s Core i7 vPro which is tri-booting Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 10- and obviously, it works fine on Windows 7 and 10, and I am actually typing this post via the Mypal browser in Windows XP on that machine. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, zilchfox said:

, I'd more than love to try and get MSN Messenger working again (connection issues).

are you getting invalid password and need hit login prompt multiple times before login? If yes it is related to buggy tls on xp. You can fix it with proxhttpsproxy. Either run it locahost or at LAN. Do you use it laptop or desktop and do you only use it at home?

18 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

are you getting invalid password and need hit login prompt multiple times before login? If yes it is related to buggy tls on xp. You can fix it with proxhttpsproxy. Either run it locahost or at LAN. Do you use it laptop or desktop and do you only use it at home?

ProxHTTPSProxy was the solution! Thank you! And yes, it's a laptop and at the moment I only plan on using it at home.

Edited by zilchfox

I also want to add too, in case someone finds this thread later, that make sure you set your Proxy settings in your browser (I'm using Mypal) to "Autodetect", otherwise your browser will throw up invalid SSL certificate settings for every single webpage you visit.

13 hours ago, zilchfox said:

I also want to add too, in case someone finds this thread later, that make sure you set your Proxy settings in your browser (I'm using Mypal) to "Autodetect", otherwise your browser will throw up invalid SSL certificate settings for every single webpage you visit.

actually set it to no proxy

proxy.JPG.17e6748f797dbb97989167b04c60e4ab.JPG

14 hours ago, zilchfox said:

ProxHTTPSProxy was the solution! Thank you! And yes, it's a laptop and at the moment I only plan on using it at home.

how you run it now? On second pc or in same?