recycle bin

Ok guys\gals, cna you figure this one out??

Windows 2000 Clients in a win2k AD.

All have My Documents redirected to their H Drive ( A network drive).

A recycle bin has been created on the H Drive (due to the folder redirection) and I want to

a) Stop the creation of it

:rolleyes: leave the recycler working on local drives only, ie c,d,e

Ive scoured the net but drawn a blank.,

Anyone have any idea's???

Many thanks

Paul :)

You're not being very patient giving 3 hours for a reply.

Recycler should be hidden, so if you're not seeing hidden files/folders then you wouldn't see it. Otherwise i don't see how you could do that. I don't remember ever seeing a policy or anything to disable the recycle bin for just one partition.

This reminds me of a call i had once. The guy was dual booting on 2 different partitions, using ntfs. What he wanted to do was delete a file putting it in the recycle bin, then have it show up in the recycle bin of the other OS. It was really weird.

Long story short i told him to live with it - the recycle bin was made to delete stuff, not to be used like the shared documents folder. He didn't like my answer but sometimes, that's the way windows is made. The morale of the story is it would be nice if you could delete the recycle bin for one partition, but windows wasn't really designed like that.

-gosh

The problem is though, that when computers get rebuilt the recycler for the original SID is left on the H Drive, and a new one created. If you imagine each user had 5mb in the bin and there are 10K users, thats a lot of wasted space.

Main problem is that the users get charged per meg for storage and so get billed for what is i the recycle bin. I dont see why there should be one on a redirected drive anyway, bad MS coding??

Anyway thanks Gosh, looks like ill have to be stuck with this one. :)