Does SysPrep add users?

I'm using the following sysprep command:

Sysprep.exe -quiet -nosidgen -reboot -mini -reseal -activated

It works, as far as asking me what my Real Name etc is, but it never asks for a User Account name?

Is this because I already have set up a user account using cmdlines.txt (useraccounts.cmd) or is there a setting in the sysprep.inf that I have stuffed up?

I want it to create user accounts? Is this possible?

The reason I want it to be able to add accounts is: Normally, I would not tick the "SysPrep" box of the WPI install screen and it will set it up with my own settings.. however, if I run my CD on a friends computer, I need to tick the SysPrep box so that I can change the Real Name etc... but it leaves my account name still?

Nice work Tobe, I saw that a few weeks ago but thought it was too tricky... attempting it tonight though (guess i've learnt a little over the few weeks with everyones help)...

So, if I make an OOBEINFO.INI can I put that straight into "$OEM$\$$\system32\oobe" then I don't need an oobe.cmd?

Will the "," in the Generate.js (see below) java command cause an error?

I have my oobe.inf exactly the same as yours, and placed it in "$OEM$\$1\Install"

So doing this, I don't even need to run sysprep?

oobeinfo.ini

[startupOptions]StartUrl=""Registration=1Offline=1ScreenResolutionCheck=0
[branding]OEMName="Bits & Bytes"
[Options]MouseTutorial=0JoinDomain=1AdminPw=1IntroOnly=1AreaCode=08DefaultRegion=12TimeZoneValue=245TonePulse=1Use1394AsLan=0
[OEMRegistrationPage]OEMAddRegPage=0PostToOEM=0RegPostURL=""
[signup]ISPSignup=None

Part of my Generate.js (WPI)

// OOBEif (document.inner.WPI.chkbox021.checked){	tf.WriteLine("REG ADD %KEY%\\020 /VE /D \"Out of Box Experience\" /f");	tf.WriteLine("REG ADD %KEY%\\020 /V 1 /D \"rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 %systemdrive%\\install\\oobe.inf\" /f");	tf.WriteBlankLines(1);   }

well, that didn't take long (thanks to your help)

I don't know if it works putting oobeinfo.ini in "$OEM$\$$\system32\oobe", since files put there are copied before all the install-hives are loaded, I think. Haven't tried it yet, though....

If you do, please post and tell if it works. Nice to get rid of one more cmd-file if it is possible.

You don't need to run sysprep at all using this method.

IntroOnly must be set to 0 (zero) in your oobeinfo.ini, otherwise it will not work! Sorry if I was unclear about that...

Cheers

ToBe

I tried it and it failed big time :) then i came back and saw your second post about setting intoonly to 0 :rolleyes:

what happened was it got to the first boot, it was processing my RunOnce commands and for some reason nothing worked! not even the entries in the list BEFORE the OOBE inf installation... even my cleanup.cmd (goes before OOBE) couldn't complete because it didn't have access privileges (even though should have booted with admin account like usual).... then when it came to the OOBE part of RunOnce that failed to install... i checked the hard drive and found there was no msoobe.exe in the system32/oobe dir? this is probably because I did the $OEM$ file thing?

I think I worked out my sysprep issues anyway (testing later today with a fresh install)

what I did wrong was, I shouldn't have used the -mini command... I've tested my theory on some computers here in the shop (sold one today, did a "sysprep -reseal -shutdown -quiet -nosidgen" and it deleted all existing user accounts and set up new ones)

bah!

It worked on a computer I sold, running sysprep off the floppy disk I have... but when I try to include it in my unattend install it doesn't do a thing :)

berfore, with the -mini command it would at least run sysprep, now, it doesnt :/

I use WPI which runs from cmdlines.txt, which creates %systemdrive%\install\install.cmd which is executed directly after WPI closes.... install.cmd sets everything up to run as RunOnce commands....

If I tick the SysPrep checkbox, it runs sysprep.cmd as a RunOnce item...

sysprep.cmd

@echo offTitle SysPrep"%systemdrive%\SysPrep\Sysprep.exe -quiet -nosidgen -reboot -reseal -activated"

sysprep.inf

[GuiUnattended]    AdminPassword=    EncryptedAdminPassword=NO    OEMSkipRegional=1    TimeZone=245    OemSkipWelcome=1
[unattended]    OemSkipEula=Yes
[userData]    ProductKey="VALID-PRODUCT-KEY"    FullName=""    OrgName=""    ComputerName=
[Display]    BitsPerPel=32    Xresolution=1024    YResolution=768
[TapiLocation]    CountryCode=61    Dialing=Tone    AreaCode=08
[RegionalSettings]    LanguageGroup=1    Language=00000c09
[identification]    JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP