RunOnceEx Problem

Hey there!

I (think) I have a problem. I wrote a RunOnceEx.cmd, but when I test it only the first line is added to the registry. How come? Why don't I see the other lines?

This is what my file looks like:

cmdow @ /HID@echo off
SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Applicatie Installatie" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\001 /VE /D "Adobe Reader 6" /fREG ADD %KEY%\001 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Adobe\AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe -p\"-s /v\"/qn\"\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "Daemon Tools" /fREG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\DaemonTools\dt346.exe /s" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "DirectX 9.0b" /fREG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\DirectX9b\DX9NTopk.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "WinRAR 3.30" /fREG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\WinRAR\wrar330nl.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.01" /fREG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\K-LiteCodecs\klmcodec101.exe /silent" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "MSN Messenger 6.1" /fREG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\MSNMessenger\MsnMsgs.msi /QB" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Registry Tweaks" /fREG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\regtweaks.reg" /f

I also have some doubt about the \'s in the adobe line can any1 confirm or correct me? :)

Thanks in advance....

To me nothing looks wrong, the adobe line can be simplified. IIRC the exe will have a .msi file in it (run it and look in your tempory files). It's easier to run this with the /QB switch.

I dunno why, but when running you code and my old RunOnceEx from within windows the title is the only key that will show up in the registry. And I know my file works because I used to use it.

Hey,

Check the MS Articles below;

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/reg.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen.../en-us/reg.mspx

Her is the usage of the command;

REG ADD [ROOTKEY\]Key[\'ValueName']=Value [DataType] [\\Machine]

- You can always set PAUSE after the first line to find out the error message.

- Write your file from the scracth. Open Notepad and write 3 lines and test 2 apps see if it works.

:)

KeeZ, I ran your cmd script, all appear fine in the registry. Although your adobe reader entry is missing a backslash in the registry. (use a cmd file to launch Adobe Reader's silent install to simplify this)