Outlook 2016 won't rebuild index

twinbytes

I have a new install of Office 2016 with Windows 10 and Outlook will not search.  It says 0 files remaining to index.

I tried rebuilding the index and it indexing the computer files but doesn't seem to index Outlook at all.  Outlook was not included in the list of items to index originally until I repair installed Office 2016, and then I tried rebuilding the index again but still it does not search in Outlook.  I tried a new PST file incase it was corrupted and that didn't make a difference.

It's a new computer and never seemed to work.  What am I missing here?

well, persistence pays off.  After trying so many different things without success I found something that worked.  I uninstalled the 32bit version of Office 2016, installed the 64bit version, it still didn't work with rebuilding the index and the Mail icon in Control Panel couldn't find application. I then did the repair online option which fixed the mail icon in control panel and then when I did the index rebuild it is now indexing a whole lot more than it had previously which tells me it's including Outlook now.  not sure why I had to do the online repair after a fresh install of the 64bit Office, but that was key.  Then finally executing one more final rebuild of the index.  Hope this helps others that are as lost as I was for hours.