Non-compliant ACPI error on Windows XP x64 Setup

mahcih03

Hi. I've successfully installed both Windows 2000 and Windows XP x86 on my Kaby Lake laptop, at the cost of ACPI, USB and more..

However, when I try to boot the 64bit edition of Windows XP from a DVD, it goes directly to the F5 menu without pressing any key.

In the menu, I can find "ACPI Uniprocessor PC", "ACPI Multiprocessor PC" and "Other", which requires a floppy drive. There's no such option as "Standard PC" like in the 32bit version. So I tried both of the ACPI options, they both give me a 0xA5 blue screen (BIOS not fully compliant with the ACPI specifications -since it's too recent-)

I tried to press the F7 key when the setup says "Press F6", but it still redirects me to the F5 menu. I really need the XP x64 version to run so I can test an Intel HD Graphics I've recently modified, it gives a "platform" error on the 32bit version.

My BIOS doesn't have any ACPI options, I've tried to change the AcpiOptions value in the txtsetup.sif file to 0, still no luck.

Any idea on how to solve the problem?

Edited by mahcih03

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bump this, buy I'm encountering the same error on my Z170 PC (GA-Z170X-UD5 TH) with XP SP2 x64

In the BIOS/UEFI I've enabled the Platform Power Managment menu entry which contains several "child" submenus: PEG ASPM, PCH ASPM, DMI ASPM

Any idea how to solve/bypass this?

Edited by digitalboy